Macro on Fruit

Macro on Fruit: In this project I set-up my studio to be able to capture/shot the fruit from top, I use my Nikon D90 with tow lenses the Nikon 35mm and Nikon 105mm Macro. Note that the Focal Length of 105mm lens is equivalent to 157mm in 35mm Film.
[Click on the images to see them larger..]

The Studio set-up…
o. Camera Nikon D90. [Nikon 35mm + Nikon 105mm macro]
o. Square Glass. [Size as your studio need]
o. Glass Pyrex dish.
o. Light source.
o. Different type of fruit. [cut to slices or as you want/plan]
o. ML-L3 Wireless Remote Control.

Here are some shots:

Slice of Orange, I add the reflection and increase the brightness. In this shot I used 35mm lens, listed the other camera setting:
Exposure Time = 1/200″
Focal Length = 35mm [Nikon 35mm f/1.8]
F Number = F1.8
ISO Speed Ratings = 200
Exposure Bias Value = +5EV
Flash = Off

Same Orange with Macro lens,
Exposure Time = 1/320″
F Number = F4
Focal Length = 105mm
ISO = 200
Exposure Bias Value = ±0EV
Light Source = out source
Flash = Off

What is this? Yes, Kiwi Fruit, macro lens with extra brightness; the frame (upper & lower) are a black rectangular with 45% opacity.
Camera Setting:
Exposure Time = 1/80″
F Number = F4
Focal Length = 105mm
ISO Speed = 200
Exposure Bias Value = +5EV

Here is another shot for the Kiwi with 35mm lens.

This is a Lemon, tow images been joined in photoshop to get this..

Camera setting for the shot on the left..
Exposure Time = 1/80″
F Number = F4
ISO Speed = 200
Exposure Bias Value = +5EV
Focal Length = 105mm

The Pomegranate is a wonderful fruit

More photos are on my Flickr : Hawee – Ta3kees

Ali,

Advertisements
  1. November 14, 2010 at 5:30 am

Thank you for the setup information, I am going to be trying this in the not so distant future as the weather here is starting to turn…

2. November 15, 2010 at 2:15 pm

Hi Ali,
    You have some nice images here indeed and I can’t wait to get some Macro shots when I get home from work I have my little studio set up and should be a pile of fun indeed :).
    Brett

3. November 15, 2010 at 2:34 pm

Thanks for the information, that looks doable. 😉 And the endresult is spectacular, I especially love the kiwi shot.

4. November 15, 2010 at 4:31 pm

Very good. I recently tried this technique as well. A fun project to work on. 🙂 Try adding some sprite/7Up or other clear fizzy drink. It adds a nice amount of bubbles 🙂

5. November 15, 2010 at 4:33 pm

Thanks to all your comments,, Macro shooting is one of my favourite subject.

Brett,, I will visit your blos to see the result.

6. June 27, 2011 at 4:54 am

Ali, you are so detail oriented, what a great thing to try. I love macro shooting too. Perhaps your posting will give me more ideas for inside macro. Thanks.

1. November 12, 2010 at 2:18 pm